Hello Glendale Members and welcome to the 2021 tennis season.
We hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy.
In order to open Glendale Tennis Club, the Executives have had to ensure some stringent guidelines are followed by participants due to Covid-19. A WAIVER has been created that details all the additional rules to abide by for play.
1. Physical distancing must be maintained at all times. There are to be no crowds at the club and the bleachers will be restricted.
2. Currently, ONLY SINGLES play is permitted on the courts. Members will be notified if that changes in the future.
3. Members are asked to wait outside the club for a court to be available. The 30 minute rule will still apply (i.e. the court that has been occupied the longest by players will have to leave 30 minutes after they have been advised by players waiting for a court).
4. Each member will be asked to review, sign and return WAIVER to the Membership Director @ email@example.com. You can either print it off and sign it, scan or take a picture of the signed waiver and email it back.
5. Once your signed WAIVER has been received, you will receive the gate code in due course. This code is for your use only – please do not pass it out to others.
6. Members are required to sanitize their hands prior to entering the gate code and opening/closing the gate and when possible, sanitizing any surface they have touched. Members will be asked to bring any supplies they require with them.
7. Members will need to bring home any recycling or garbage with them. Garbage cans and recycling bins will not be available. Any forgotten items will be thrown out (with the exception of tennis bags or racquets).
8. Members will NOT be allowed to bring any guests with them to the club.
9. Anyone exhibiting respiratory symptoms on the courts should leave immediately.
10. Any violation of the above rules will put you at risk of having your membership suspended and possibly revoked.
We understand that these conditions are not ideal but the safety of all members is priority for the Executive and the City. Let’s all work together to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Glendale Executive Committee
This must be completed and submitted prior to playing at the club. There will not be any inter-club league play but it is our intention to have Glendale only league play for Tuesday night house league, Thursday morning 55+ and Sunday morning junior play later in the season, subject to Covid Guidelines.